Now that I have shared all of this information, do you think I am going to brave the lines to try to get a bargain?
This “holiday” truly starts off the holiday shopping rush and retailers use it to gauge whether they will be in the red or the black for the quarter.
Although shopping local is what is best for our economy, it is nice to see what the “giants” can offer. To borrow from www.blackfriday2010.com, here are the Top 10 Tips and the Top 15 Deals for Black Friday.
Brad’s Top 10 Tips for Black Friday Sales
1. Research: start your Black Friday 2010 sale research on Thanksgiving day or earlier.
2. Make a plan: identify what you want to buy, which stores have the best sales on Black Friday, and what time they open.
3. Timing is everything: arrange stores by opening time from early to late.
4. A fool and his money: be wary of Black Friday deals with quantity limits. If a store only has 10 items at that price, go elsewhere.
5. Visualize: know where your items are in the store.
6. Stay Safe: Previous Black Friday sales were honestly deadly; please don’t trample or shoot anyone!
7. Power of numbers: go with a team and attack separate stores or separate sections of the same store. Designate a meeting place.
8. Bring a snack: only amateurs stop at the food court on Black Friday! (Or the bathroom – so go before you leave.)
9. The quiet ones: don’t ignore stores that don’t advertise. They will have Black Friday deals too!!
10. Have fun: enjoy your family, friends and deals!
The Top 15 Deals of Black Friday 2010!
With Black Friday Ads in for most major stores, including Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, Sears and Kmart, the time has come to pass ultimate judgment. As expected, many of these are “limited quantity” door buster deals so please rely on the fine print and details in each specific ad.
So we present to you the best Black Friday deals of 2010:
1. Chefmate Appliances for $3 at Target. Originally $20 (approx.).
2. Emerson 32″ LCD HDTV $198 at Walmart. Originally $328.
3. Westinghouse 40″ LCD TV $298 at Target. Originally $549.99
4. Nook Wifi eReader for $99.99 at Best Buy. Originally $149.99.
5. Philips Portable DVD player $49 at Walmart. Originally $69.99.
6. 2 GE cameras for $149.99 at Kmart. Originally $219.98 for 1) GE x5 power Pro Series Digital Camera $149.99 2) GE C1033 10mp Digital Camera $69.99.
7. 8GB iPod touch with $50 gift card $225 at Walmart. Originally $229 without gift card.
8. 5-piece luggage set $49.99 at Macy’s. Originally $200.
9. eMachines 15.6″ laptop $198 at Walmart. Originally $248.
10. Nerf Stampede for $34.99 at Kmart.
11. KitchenAid Mixer $129.99 after 10% off, $20 rebate, $30 Kohl’s Cash at Kohl’s. Originally $250.
12. Wii Bundle for $299 at Sam’s Club. Originally $400.
13. Dyson DC14 for $219 at Sears. Originally $439.
14. 2ct. Diamond bracelet for $99 at Kohl’s.
15. Apt. 9 Cashmere sweaters for $34.99 at Kohl’s. Originally $100.
Now that I have shared all of this information, do you think I am going to brave the lines to try to get a bargain? I will have to let you know. Meanwhile, Happy Thanksgiving and Good Luck!