Fernandina Beach, FL – The City of Fernandina Beach will be accepting applications for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Housing Rehabilitation Program from Friday, June 7, 2013 at 8:00 AM through Friday, June 21, 2013 at 5:00 PM. Applications will be available on the City’s website at www.fbfl.us/CDBG, or can be picked up at the Community Development Department in City Hall (204 Ash Street) starting 8:00 AM on Friday, June 7, 2013. The Community Development Department is open from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Specific information about the Housing Rehabilitation Program is available on the application form. Some important information that potential applicants should know before submitting an application include the following:
• This is for single family, owner-occupied homes within the City of Fernandina Beach municipal limits only;
• The applicant must fall within the income limits (below) and will be required to provide personal and financial information about themselves and members of their household. The total household annual gross income (before taxes and deductions) cannot exceed the maximum income for the household size;
• There is a limitation on what components may be rehabilitated, replaced or added as part of the rehabilitation project. This list is available on the application and on the website;
• The limit on individual rehabilitation projects is $59,500;
• Participants will be required to sign a mortgage and promissory note (deferred payment loan) in an amount equal to the cost of the work before construction begins. This deferred payment loan will be secured by a lien and the payments will be deferred for ten (10) years; and
• Participants must have comprehensive homeowners insurance on the property before the end of the rehabilitation work and will be required to maintain the coverage for the term of the deferred loan.
|Household Size||Maximum Income|
If you have questions about the City’s Housing Rehabilitation Program, please visit the City’s website at www.fbfl.us/CDBG or contact Jennifer Gooding at (904) 277-7325.