Snow is a rarity in Florida, but in St. Augustine, they are letting it snow every night during Winter Wonderland.
There are lots of activities for the young and young at heart and many of them are free.
* Visit the Elf House.
* Give your wish list to Santa Claus today through Dec. 24.
* Walk through the Candy Cane Forest.
* Watch the ice skaters and the ice sliders.
* Visit the Igloo Ski Lodge adjacent to the ice rink for a close up view of the skaters.
* Warm up by the lodge’s fire.
* Enjoy the nightly snow showers at 7 p.m. and 9 p.m.
For a minimal fee, you can also try:
* Ice skating.
* Ice sliding.
* Bounce House
* Train rides
* Sleigh rides
* Smores’ kits to build your own, an old winter treat for toasting.
* Hamburgers, hot dogs, treats and sodas and hot beverages.
Winter Wonderland times through Dec. 17 are:
Monday through Friday, 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday, noon to 11 p.m.
Sunday, noon to 10 p.m.
From Dec. 18 until Jan. 2, it is open Sunday through Thursday, noon to 10 p.m. and Friday and Saturday, noon to 11 p.m.
Admission and parking is free. All parking is in the amphitheatre lot.
While you are in St. Augustine, be sure to check out the Nights of Lights downtown. There are more than 2 million lights on view making the city sparkle and shine with Christmas cheer. This will continue through January 31, 2011. For more information on either event you can visit, www.winterwonderlandflorida.com or www.nightsoflights.com.