While experiencing a direct hit from a hurricane is unlikely, many areas are affected by tropical weather during hurricane season.
While experiencing a direct hit from a hurricane is unlikely, many areas of the country are affected by significant tropical weather during hurricane season. According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration the Atlantic hurricane season runs from June until November. During this time, it is important that your policyholders’ families and homes are prepared.
Paul Davis publicizes to homeowners in their local area the following tips on how they can keep their family and property safe during hurricane season.
• Have an evacuation plan in place for your family. Know where the nearest emergency shelter is located.
• Assemble a hurricane survival kit to include water, nonperishable food, can opener, flashlight, weather radio, batteries, first aid kit, sunscreen, prescription medications and toiletries
• Be prepared to secure your property. Permanent storm shutters offer the best protection for windows. A second option is to board up windows with 5/8″ plywood, cut to fit and ready to install.
• Install hurricane straps or clips to securely fasten your roof to the frame structure of your home
• Be sure trees and shrubs around your home are well trimmed
• Clear debris from rain gutters and downspouts
• If evacuating, secure or put away lawn furniture, grills, garbage cans, etc.
• For additional tips and information, visit www.nhc.noaa.gov.
Damage from hurricanes can run into the billions of dollars every year. Paul Davis understands the importance of hurricane preparedness and takes the lead in educating consumers both as a public service and to help reduce insurance claims.
Locally owned and operated, we have a highly experienced staff to help you with every aspect of your Water Damage Restoration, Mold Remediation and Structural Drying needs.
Paul Davis Emergency Services of Camden
300 Osborne St.
St. Marys, GA 31558