As demand grows for real foods made with quality ingredients, it is no wonder that 100% real Challenge Butter is the largest selling brand in the West, and is moving east at a rapid pace. With more than 450 family owned dairies, the company understands dairy farming as a way of life, and in Fernandina Beach, shrimping is a way of life.
Challenge Butter is hoping to butter us up April 29th, 30th, and May 1st when they provide 500 pounds of butter for use during the Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival. That is enough butter to fill up THREE Olympic size swimming pools! Free of growth hormones, Challenge Butter is now available at Walmart, Harris Teeter, and Winn Dixie grocery stores.
Here is their recipe for Spicy Honey Butter Shrimp. This recipe is quick and easy and rivals even the best Chinese take-out. Ready in less than 15 minutes, this may be the perfect recipe to entertain your guests over the Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival weekend.
½ cup (1 Stick) Challenge Butter
1 Tablespoon grated, fresh ginger
3 Clovers garlic, finely chopped
1½ pounds large, raw, peeled, wild caught shrimp
1 Teaspoon Hibachi Seasoning (or salt and pepper to taste)
¼ Cup of honey
¾ Teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 Tablespoons minced, fresh chives
1. Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter until sizzling then add ginger and garlic, stirring with a wooden spoon until the garlic is softened and the ginger is aromatic.
2. Toss shrimp, hibachi seasoning (available in the Asian section of most grocery stores), honey, and red pepper flakes into butter and cook just until the shrimp begins to turn pink all the way through.
3. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon, transfer to a serving platter.
4. With a wooden spoon, quickly stir the honey butter mixture remaining in the pan until bubbling. This will caramelize it slightly. Drizzle thickened honey butter mixture over shrimp.
5. Garnish with fresh chives. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Challenge butter products are gluten free, and Kosher approved and certified. For more information, please visit challengedairy.com.