US citizens must show their ID for many reasons, why should people in this country illegally be exempt?
I don’t know who the original author is, but they do indeed bring up a valid viewpoint.
“I’m a legal American citizen and I must show my ID when:
1. I am pulled over by the police.
2. I make purchases on my department store, gasoline or any other credit card.
3. When I show up for a doctor’s appointment.
4. When filling out a credit card or loan application.
5. When applying for or renewing a driver’s license or passport.
6. When applying for any kind of insurance.
7. When filling out college or employment applications.
8. When I donate blood.
9. When obtaining certain prescription drugs and some over the counter mediacations.
10. When making purchases by check (especially if I’m out of state).
11. When collecting a boarding pass for airline or train travel.
12. When purchasing beer, liquor or any tobacco product.
I’m sure there are more instances, but the point is that we citizens of the USA are required to prove who we are nearly every day!
Why should people in this country illegally be exempt?”