A delicious chicken chili for the slow cooker, made with chicken, beans, and other ingredients.
White Chicken Chili Recipe
A delicious chicken chili for the slow cooker, made with chicken, beans, and other ingredients. As with most chili’s, the flavor is even better the next day!
• 1 lb chicken, cut up into small chunks (I like to use boneless breasts for their “ease” and lower fat content)
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 1 can (or the equivalent) chicken broth
• 2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
• 2 tsp cumin
• 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
• 3 -15oz cans white beans (great northern or cannellini), drained and rinsed
• 1 or 2 chopped red, green or yellow bell peppers, or combination
• Jalapeno chili peppers, fresh, jarred or canned, optional or ‘to taste’ (depending on how much heat you like!)
In a 4 or 6 quart Crockpot combine the chicken, onions, chicken broth, garlic, cumin and oregano.
Let cook awhile on low (approx. 3-5 hours, depending on your schedule)
Add drained beans.
Now here is the important part if you don’t want mushy chili. Add the bell peppers and jalapeno peppers (if using) no earlier than the last hour or hour and a half before serving.
Top each serving with shredded Monterey jack cheese and or broken tortilla chips if desired.
Editor’s Note: I’m thinking this would be a great recipe to use up your leftover turkey from Thanksgiving.