A large new Generation of Retirees Prepares to Collect Benefits from Social Security and wonders about the health of the system. Contributing writer Mark Dennis, owner of A1A Wealth Management will give a free educational workshop titled “Social Security Planning for Boomers: What Everyone Needs to Know” scheduled for 6:00 p.m., on February 23, 2012 at Café @ the Hamptons in Fernandina Beach.
After being told for years that Social Security is “going broke,” baby boomers are now realizing that it will soon be their turn to collect. But the decisions they make now can have a tremendous impact on the total amount of benefits they stand to receive over their lifetime.
Questions boomers are asking include:
• Will Social Security be there for me?
• How much can I expect to receive?
• When should I apply for Social Security?
• How can I maximize my benefits?
• Will Social Security be enough to live on in retirement?
To help baby boomers better understand the Social Security system, this workshop will cover
1. 5 factors to consider when deciding when to apply for benefits
2. When it makes sense to delay benefits — and when it does not
3. Why you should always check your earnings record for accuracy
4. How to estimate your benefits
5. How to coordinate benefits with your spouse
6. How to minimize taxes on Social Security benefits
7. How to coordinate Social Security with your other sources of retirement income
Seating is limited and reservations are recommended. Individuals may reserve space by calling Mark Dennis at 904-491-1889.
Publisher’s Note: If you have never been to one of Mark’s educationals, you’ll find them highly informative, concise and entertaining and very well appointed. A must in my opinion for anyone looking for the facts behind social security.